Do any of you hold back?

Quote:
LOL.. nope..not buddist..
But i do believe in something like Karma-ish... has nothing to do with religion at all. Not that its any concern of yours.
And..nope not angry at all.. just blunt and honest in my opinions. Some folks cant handle the truth as i see it... If you let your animals suffer because you are too weak to do the right thing for them... then you are a cruel, weak person. And animals should not be entrusted to your care... ever.
But thats okay... we're all entitled to our own opinions.. its no big deal.
OOh.. as for your Dalai Lama quote.. save it for someone who believes in that stuff, please. Thanks!

Last edited:
Quote:
I agree with the above. I have no heartburn making the ultimate decision to put an animal down...but it's my decision, my sadness, my burden, my compassion, my responsibility and no one elses. For me to tell or suggest to someone to put their animal down is not my place; it is their decision and they have to live by it just like the rest of us. I have only recommended to one BYCer to put an animal down by PM only, due to a very severe injury. The animal died about week later.

I agree.. it IS each persons choice how to handle their injured animal... THats why i'll only give my advice once and move on... its their choice.
But i will give my adivce.. (they usually ask for the advice..."what should i do with my bird that got smoosed by a truck..?".. etc...)
But yeah... some folks honestly dont know what to do..and i feel for them...its a very scary thing to have a badly injured animal in your hands and not know what to do for it..(i've been there..)... they dont understand... thats why in severe cases i'll usually suggest a vet first..or if they cant/wont do that, to put the animal out of its misery so it dosent suffer...

Last edited:
That's cool. Not judging your opinions at all. Simply questioning the effectiveness of your delivery. Seems TO ME that this forum is a useful tool for helping people with "back yard chickens" address "emergencies / injuries / diseases and cures". clearly, there will be occasions where the ending of suffering is the humane option. Hostility and aggression seem to be counter productive.

didn't mean to offend with the Buddhist comments. It was in reference to your karma remark. Deeply sorry. Kinda a low blow to ridicule someone's religion on the Internet.

Quote:
Thank you. I've thought a lot about that situation in the intervening time. I genuinely feel bad that I saved that hen. I was selfish. I should have given her a quick end. She deserved that much consideration.

hugs.gif
SO sorry.. I know its hard.

Quote:
I didnt ridicule anything.. I just said that i didnt believe in it..
Whats wrong with that?
Jeesh... Are we a bit sensitive today or something?
hmm.png

Anyways.. moving on... so this thread stays open.. *sigh*
roll.png

Thanks for the edit, calling the Dalai Lama a fraud seemed kinda harsh. Moving on to football with friends and family. this is devolving into something silly. GEAUX TIGERS!!!

I have to agree with the OP. I have just started with chickens this year. We are of the opinion here that these are not pets. They provide meat and eggs for us. I take good care of them but if it is anything major, they will be culled. About a month or so ago I asked on here because I had one I thought for sure was going to die. It had a limp neck and just would not do much. I isolated it and babied it with vit water, scrambled eggs, etc. That was about the extent that we were going to go and she snapped out of it and was fine in 24 hours. It will be a case by case situation with us.

Quote:
I agree with Opa, when I first started on this forum and tried to reply with what seemed to me an obvious answer from my utilitarian chicken viewpoint, I kept offending the fuzzy pink bunny tree hugging vegans who saw no other viewpoint other then their own companion animal luvy dovy concept. (Sorry, if this post offends you)

Quote:
I edited that a long time before your post..
wink.png

It was only up for a second.. then i decided that it wasnt nice to say that, so i took it down. (Even if i believe it..)

Yup.. time move on to other things... thanks!
big_smile.png

OP... just did it.. and went back and yep... I bite my tongue alot on here. I have had great training in this... I worked as a animal rescue agent (large animal) and there is much you cannot say and do especially when working with different agencies.. The wrong word can cost an animal a placement or it's life so tact is paramount. Emotions run real high here.

Back
Top Bottom