Do Any Of You Remember This Educational Series?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by deb1, Nov 12, 2009.

1. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    This is driving me nuts. I would like to buy this series for my kids, but I don't know what it was called.

When I was much younger there was a series that I think was on HBO(I might be wrong.) It seems like a news anchor hosted the show. It was about the different decades in the twentieth century. Each episode highlighted a decade of the twentieth century.

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I don't know- but it sounds neat. You think it could have been a BBC series?

They have done some great stuff. Some day I want to buy the whole "Life of Birds" series with Sir David Attenburough.

3. obxWaMi

obxWaMi Chillin' With My Peeps

Linda Ellerbee had a news show on Nick. But I think she reported on more current events as opposed to past history. Teens were give the chance to give their points of view. Good series when it was on.

4. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:It could have been the People's Century. That sounds similar to what I remember. The only problem is that it was made in 1995 and I thought that I saw it when I was a teenager. It is very possible that I am blurring my past a bit. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by