Do automatic coop doors freeze?

I have an Ador1 and the blast wee had at Christmas was wet and wind chill of -2. Now this is Georgia And that’s cold here. The Ador worked perfectly every morning and evening like it was supposed to.

Mine froze on one of those really bad -2 feels like -27 days. But mine has no awning or canopy so it's just out there in the suck. I did get it thawed in a matter of minutes and all was well. It didn't have any adverse effects

I have a chinese knock off turkey door purchased from Amazon. It was below freezing for 2 months getting down to -6F during the artic snap. All metal door and side rails, with actuator and light sensor, has worked perfectly 2xs a day. Door on the W side with a regular house roof eve.

Edit: the door and tracks are internally mounted.

I'm in south-eastern Ontario, Canada and I've been using the Omlet door and so far, fingers crossed, it's been great. Even when we had down to -20c it still opened. I installed it in July and the battery is still about 3/4 full even with it being winter for a couple months now.

RunChicken auto door came through the recent freeze great. The only issue I have had was that it closed early during a bad storm when it got very dark very quickly. I’m going to change the settings to be on a timer instead of light sensor to fix it.

I am having problems with my Hamuti door is not working. It isn't frozen as it is covered but the power cord to the door from the solar panel is covered in ice and snow. Could this cause it not to work? The remote control or manual button the back of the solar panel won't operate it either. We have had bitter cold with wind chills -37.

I am having problems with my Hamuti door is not working. It isn't frozen as it is covered but the power cord to the door from the solar panel is covered in ice and snow. Could this cause it not to work? The remote control or manual button the back of the solar panel won't operate it either. We have had bitter cold with wind chills -37.
Does it have a battery ? If so that would be where i would start

Back
Top Bottom