Do bantam eggs taste different than large fowl eggs?

My silkie's yolks are much richer in flavour than my other hens - definitely an egg to eat overeasy or crack into a ramen. That flavour is wasted if it's scrambled.

It may have to do with her laying behavior though. While the others are laying constantly, she takes large Hiatus from lay to brood and post-brood recover, then we get around 12 of those eggs before she cycles back to brooding again. - my theory on why the yolks are so rich is that she has time to build back her personal reserves between lays and is thus producing better quality eggs.

The taste difference has been corroborated too. The rest of my family and friends I've sold eggs to all agree that her eggs have a distinct flavour. She's the only banty I own, so have Noone else to compare.

My silkie's yolks are much richer in flavour than my other hens - definitely an egg to eat overeasy or crack into a ramen. That flavour is wasted if it's scrambled.

It may have to do with her laying behavior though. While the others are laying constantly, she takes large Hiatus from lay to brood and post-brood recover, then we get around 12 of those eggs before she cycles back to brooding again. - my theory on why the yolks are so rich is that she has time to build back her personal reserves between lays and is thus producing better quality eggs.

The taste difference has been corroborated too. The rest of my family and friends I've sold eggs to all agree that her eggs have a distinct flavour. She's the only banty I own, so have Noone else to compare.
That's an interesting theory

Back
Top Bottom