Do bantams hatch early?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 4boysmom, Aug 13, 2010.

1. 4boysmom

4boysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    I have 36 eggs in the bator to hatch in the 4th grade class at my boys school.....all bantam - should I stop turning earlier than day 18? I'm used to hatching standards and wondered if it was any different.

2. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    same as others.

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Not same as others. Most Bantam breeds hatch at day 19, while standard breeds hatch at day 21.

4. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    I know serama eggs generally hatch on day 19. Dunno about any others.

5. silkieowner

silkieowner Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2010
    my silkies eggs hatched on day 21 they were under my broody silkie. I would stop turning on day 18 same as any other breed.

6. jjhphome

jjhphome New Egg

Aug 13, 2010
    I've got a bantam, Henny, on 8 fertilized eggs I found for her since her first six were broken. We're going to move her and her 'new' eggs tonight to her coop/box. I was wondering, if she takes to the eggs - how long until they hatch - anything special we need to be doing. I've read some talk about turning the eggs? Please help we're new at this. We've had JJ and HP for 3 to 4 years and she's never set on eggs before!

7. kipper

kipper Chillin' With My Peeps

I have only hatched bantys once, and they hatched at 19 or 20 days. This took me by surprise![​IMG]

8. In His Service

In His Service Wise Men Still Seek Him

Apr 25, 2010
    Catskills
    Our hen, lf salmon faverolle went broody, and we added some of our banties eggs. The banty eggs hatched a day or two earlier.

9. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I have silkies mixed in with large fowl - should I lock down a day early? I'd hate to have a repeat of the guinea incident where they all started popping out in the turner when the humidity was only 50%. [​IMG]

10. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    i wouldnt risk raising humidity and drowning them.i incubate all chicken eggs the same

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by