do bantams stay small? just some ques

augiedranch

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
Texas
hey!
are bantams and brahmas the same thing? are these small chickens? any help on these breeds would be helpful. thank you so much

Bantams are just any small breed chicken. Brahamas is a breed, and I think are a standard sized chicken which are not bantams. That means they don't stay small. Does that make sense? Unless of course there are bantam brahamas.

Bantams are smaller breeds of standard size breeds....however, some bantams breeds are much smaller than others and are great for smaller chicken hobbiest who don't have a whole lot of room but do want a few chickens!
@

Hi Todd!!!

Brahmas come in Light, Dark and Buff and in Standard and Bantam Varieties.

I had a Standard Brahma mix and she was huge!

This pic shows a Standard Light Brahma and a Bantam Light Brahma...I like this pic because you can really see the difference.
lightbrahma_100.jpg

thanks for yalls help. very helpful..
okay, so if someone told me i had a dark brahman bantam... what is it? lol... it has feathers on its feet and is much smaller than the other chicks his age.. thank you
big_smile.png

Brenda,

Those are the 3 most common Brahma colors, but they do come in more! I saw a trio of Bantam Black Brahmas at a show last year. I didnt have $100 to spare though!

Augiedranch: A Dark Brahma Bantam is a Dark Brahma Bantam! lol. Dark is the color, Brahma is the breed and Bantam is the size. I think Feathersite.com will help you out A LOT. Go check it out, its a great site.

Back
Top Bottom