Do cattle roost?

Wow, I even learned a few things! And that is pretty hard for me to do. Just ask anyone they will tell you I know it all!
I know; cain't l'arn you nothin'!

With a name like :B-B-Q Joe, I bet his cows aren't real fond
of him. His cows be hiding in tall trees...
Yeah, I reckon he's a lot fonder of them than they are of him. Do you suppose he has some of those Mexican jumping cows - you know, of the jumping-over-the-moon fame?

I know; cain't l'arn you nothin'!

Yeah, I reckon he's a lot fonder of them than they are of him. Do you suppose he has some of those Mexican jumping cows - you know, of the jumping-over-the-moon fame?

Oh I love Mexican Jumping cows. BUT the do not work out so well up here. I think it is too cold for them. You mix the cold we have with the jumping of the Mexican jumping cows and you get Ice cream instead of milk. BUT not good ice cream, it is that no sugar added crap....Yuck

I swear I saw a flying cow last night!

I went to bed around 1:30 this morning. I saw a pink cow fly from the tree just outside my window to the pine trees about 200 ft away.

I was shocked by this action. I did not know cows flew after dark.

I saw a cow jumping over the moon last night. Managed to get a pretty good picture of it:

I saw a cow jumping over the moon last night. Managed to get a pretty good picture of it:

Did you see this after bar closing hour also? I think more people see this stuff after the bars close. I am guessing the cows are drinking and feel good when they leave the bars and just sort of kick their heels up like this.

BTW an Amazing picture! Did you have a camera or catch it on your cell phone?

Actually, I met the cow in the bar and as we were walking it out it got spooked. Talk about jumping, wow, did that Bossy jump! Lucky for me, I had my cell phone handy (some goats and I were texting at the time) so I was able to get a snap.

When I lived closer to the ocean, this was a fairly common sight...

You had to really watch yourself out on the water!

So can cattle roost? Don't see why not!

When I lived closer to the ocean, this was a fairly common sight...

You had to really watch yourself out on the water!

So can cattle roost? Don't see why not!

When we lived on the Pithacoteehahaceewitchawatcheecottee river in Port Richie we use to see those things all the time. I even caught one trying to steal my boat right off the lift! We were less than a half mile from the open gulf though so I suppose that is why we saw them. They used to scare the manatee. Which would tick me off, I was about to get a clean shot at a huge Manatee, with dreams of manatee liver for supper, and one of those things came along!

edited to add: as a side bar, have you noticed the weird hard to pronounce names of rivers in Florida?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom