Do chicken eggs sell?

Grandson is doing a science project with a classmate on chickens and made his own incubator, so I have been trying to be selective with the eggs and put them aside. Called our best client and she showed up and took 12 dozen. The hens are laying very well and are getting 26/29 eggs a day. All chicken start up costs have been paid back and 2 bags of feed in the barrel with $20.00 in the kitty. Now grand kids will share in the profit. This is a good day!

Grandson is doing a science project with a classmate on chickens and made his own incubator, so I have been trying to be selective with the eggs and put them aside. Called our best client and she showed up and took 12 dozen. The hens are laying very well and are getting 26/29 eggs a day. All chicken start up costs have been paid back and 2 bags of feed in the barrel with $20.00 in the kitty. Now grand kids will share in the profit. This is a good day!
And wonderful for them

Could be several reasons are they penned up? Are they starting a molt? Do they need more time to adjust to new surroundings?What breed are they?

Last edited:
5 out of 6 production red hens aren't laying. The other is. I got them about a month ago. Maybe 5 weeks. They are 6 months old. Any explanation?

Its possible they have never started to lay yet, in which case I would think could be anytime soon. Also it may be because of the recent move. How much room do they have, maybe over crowded? Were they put in a coop with existing chickens already there?

Its possible they have never started to lay yet, in which case I would think could be anytime soon. Also it may be because of the recent move. How much room do they have, maybe over crowded? Were they put in a coop with existing chickens already there?

They have a 10 ft x 12 ft pen and yes, there were 3 leghorns and 1 Easter egger. I let them free range now (I live on a 1 acre land) so I don't know if it will help.

I have not let mine free range because we have 4 dogs
and only one has a soft mouth Moose our Lab.
besides I am not thrilled with them decimating the whole
yard but we have just 3/4 of an acre just enough to
keep corralled
lau.gif

Yes chicken eggs can sell very fast depending on where you are located, if you have about 45 chickens and you will have around 15 dozen eggs a week and that will definitely pay for the feed,supplies, ect.

Last summer egg production went down for a few days then kids found a nest outside with over a dozen eggs.and we have to walk the area now unless we keep them penned up.

Back
Top Bottom