Do chickens almost always hatch at 21 days?

postalprincess

woot.gif
congrads!!!
woot.gif

Quote:
I started with 28, but nine were infertile. Completely clear between days 10 & 14. (I didn't want to give up and I didn't trust my candling skills. lol

Mine are 2nd generation Black Sex Links. So, Barred Rock and RIRs. I realized after I bought my hens that the eggs would probably be fertile and thought I'd give it a shot! I've never incubated anything.

1234duck: Those are some cutie pie ducks!

lol.png
Update babies and mommies are doing fine! Put them all outside in a separated area of the run. They are sharing the babies for the most part, except for my banty Georgia seems to only really accept the chicks that are hers OR look like hers, hers were wild type markings + one solid honey colored chick, she doesn't seem to like the yellow chick or the 2 black chicks but any striped ones are fine! The other moms are fine with any. Kiki and Geogia are sticking very close together but my silkie is for the most part content at the other end of the pen away from them but lets the chicks run back and forth between the moms. They are all separated from my 4 standard sized chickens only by a piece of chicken wire 3 ft tall they could easily fly over but they haven't tried they seem a little curious but not so much. IF the babies were under their feet or eating their food I'm pretty sure they would hurt them.
yippiechickie.gif
Pretty sure I have pegged one rooster, he is bigger and bolder than the rest call it an educated guess but I'm pretty confident. Sooo far everything has turned out better than expected
clap.gif

Arent broodies amazing? Congrats ladys and gents on the new fuzzy butts, hope you enjoy them. Ive got till the 27th till mine are due from the bator. And like someone said leave them chicks in there up to 3 days, opening that bator drops the humidity and thats not good especialy during hte hatch. When all my chicks hatch out I crack a side of the bator open to let all humidity out and dry off the fuzzy buns before removing them.

76257_dsc07023.jpg

wee.gif

I can't tell you how much I love these little miracles. I'm hooked. Need another broody. All 10 are still doing great. 14 days old.

Congrads to you too! Yours are beautiful, I'm trying to learn how to tell the sex but seems very complicated, and changes from one breed to the next. I think one of my chipmonk patterned chicks is a rooster because his stripes are different, bolder than the others, his stance, is more upright, and his personality is more assertive, BUT I could be totally wrong he is feathering out fast which I'm told is more likely pullet. I have named 3 others girl names (May, Alice, Mini) but this early anyone can get a name change.
tongue2.gif

I know the last post was ages ago but I have 3 fertile eggs in the incubator, they are on day 18, I'm sooo excited! This is my first time hatching

Back
Top Bottom