Do chickens that are about to hatch like light shined on them?

FreakyChickenLuver

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 30, 2009
Mine seems to be doing better when the flashlights on it. Like its getting somewhere. I will stop when it gets out and I am just doing it once in awhile. But is this good or does it actually not like it?

Typically you wouldn't be holding them or touching them much to "candle" during the last 3 days.... it can really screw up the humidity if you are opening up the bator and humidity is important for hatching. Are you just shining the flashlight into the bator ????? I don't see any harm in that.

Good luck and have a great hatch

I was wondering the same thing. I will sit there and leave my flashlight on top of the bator window so I can watch the hatch close up with light! mine seem to do better too. Much faster at getting out of the shell
wink.png
Good luck to you on your hatch!

after day 18 i am always looking in with my flashlight.... they seem to rock and roll when the light is on them. i don't know if i am hurting them, but i do know they are in there ready to go...

big_smile.png
Thank you! This is my first hatch and I am very very excited. Right now (i have 13 eggs) and the second one is starting to hatch too. I am sure I will incubate eggs again. It such a great experience.
jumpy.gif

I will show pictures when the little guy/girl has fully hatched.

Back
Top Bottom