Do cochins always have feathered feet? What is the name for this coloration of Brahma?

Hmm 🤔 actually with the new picks, at least one of the lavender hens looks splash, actually. Do one or both have the pale lavender/grey color with random spots of darker grey? That might explain the other hen that is dark grey or “blue”. So they might be Blue/Black/Splash Orpingtons? Single combs you said? Orpingtons have single combs, and they are big and floofy, no feathered feet.

EDIT: Sorry again, Colthandorf already said that!!

So I guess its safe to say they are Opringtons! One is that dark gray bluish colour and of the powdery ones, only one has some black spots. The three of them have dark legs, no feathers. They're the fluffiest ladies I have ever seen!

So the three without feathered legs are Orpingtons. You have two Splash (not Lavender) and one Blue. The Brahmas look like project colors. The one that is predominately black and white appears to be similar to a Crele. The black and gold one I'm less sure of. It looks like an F1 or F2 Gold-laced Brahma project bird. There's poor, but proper gold-lacing on the breast, but the back has double lacing like a Barnevelder.
Ooh those sound like fancy terms to me. Never heard of them before but I'll try to look for a little info. The Brahmas are the ones that made me most curious since I didn't see any that looked like them when I googled their breed.

So the three without feathered legs are Orpingtons. You have two Splash (not Lavender) and one Blue. The Brahmas look like project colors. The one that is predominately black and white appears to be similar to a Crele. The black and gold one I'm less sure of. It looks like an F1 or F2 Gold-laced Brahma project bird. There's poor, but proper gold-lacing on the breast, but the back has double lacing like a Barnevelder.
X2
They could also be Brahma mixes.

Back
Top Bottom