do cortunix quail go broody

Bradybertoch

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 9, 2013
my cortunix quail should start laying soon and i was wondering if they go broody or if i should get a incubator

Generally no, they do not go broody. Most quail have lost the instincts to brood and raise young.

However, this being said, it CAN happen and occasionally does, but rare. But don't hold your breath. LOL You are best to get an incubator. :)

Last edited:
Go online here and do a google search. Hovabator is a good bator. Brinsea and R-Com are good as well. Several others.

They can run you anywhere from $100 to hundreds of dollars. Depending on how large, the quality and whether it has egg turners.

Last edited:
Each type of quail has a different incubation cycle. Coturnix quail take about 17 days. Bobwhites about 23 days. Button quail about 16 days, Gambels quail about 23 or 24 days, and so on. :)

You can sell them for any amount you want. Chicks can go for $1 each, even $5 each for the more rarer species.

My quail would always plop out an egg, and then continue on with their little quail lives as if nothing had happened, never looking back.

Check craigslist and other local sales avenues to see what they're selling for in your area. You might find a great market with little to no competition. Quail breast is delicious stuffed with jalapeno and wrapped in bacon. <3

Back
Top Bottom