Do ducks have heart attacks??

I know. I imagine all living critters can. But...dang! I think one of my Pekins did!

They were all happy in the pool. Doing their normal things. I watch them close because sometimes things get kinda rough. But nothing crazy yesterday. I ushered them out so the little ducks could have their turn. Again no signs of any issue. Less than a minute later, while I was still just 6 feet away, I saw one stumble from the corner of my eye. Looked over and he tried to stand but fell the other way. Then onto his belly. I got to him as he spread his wings to balance then they slowly folded back against him and he went limp. JUST LIKE THAT! It took place in less than 30 seconds! He was gone!

I waited over an hour after I got him to the house to see if some bizarre paralyzation took place or idk...he miraculously would come to but...nope. That was terribly shocking and heartbreaking. I am pleased he did not suffer but WHAT THE HECK?! :confused::hit
Yes my husband was watering the garden and one female duck dropped dead just fell over kicking her feet gone..he picked her up to see what happened if she was hurt on her feet he held her for a bit but she was just gone to be with god😢😢😭😥😢
Ohmigosh! :(

Back
Top Bottom