Do ducks like to imitate one another?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Mamma Duck, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mamma Duck

Mamma Duck Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2015
    Illinois
    So, I have two Cayuga ducklings. One of them (Daffy) always had a problem with walking. My other duckling (Sue) is perfectly healthy and eats good and is twice the size of Daffy. Recently I thought Daffy was really sick. I took Daffy to a vet, and after the her examination he told me that she has a neurological issue that is affecting her development. He told me that she is lucky to have me and that she would have never survived living in a big flock or in the wild. Anyway, Sue has been walking like her. Not all the time, just once in awhile. Do ducklings ever imitate each other? Maybe Sue thinks she is the one who is walking wrong and is trying to walk like Daffy. Any suggestions or advice anyone can give?

[​IMG]

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    What are you feeding your ducklings? sometimes ducklings can have a B3 deficiency which can cause neurological issues and leg issues. i would get your ducklings on some Nutritional yeast or Brewers yeast [not baking yeast] both pf the ones I rec can be bought at natural food store and whole foods. you just sprinkle a tablespon on top of their feed 1tab to 1 cup of feed. daily for 10 weeks. or you can get a super B complex [human too] and open the capsule and put into their waterer daily if it's a deficiency you should see a difference in about 5-7 days.Ducks don't imitate each other this way which makes me think this is a B3 problem. keep us updated.

Good reading https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/750869/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings#post_10611711

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by