Do Geese need a pool or not? + other Geese care questions.

We have many predators of all sorts here and they will be more of an alarm system than a defender for are flock. We separated the moment we got home and they are with many chicks. Thank you for this valuable info.
From my own expierience geese will alert each other and other birds to danger but not in a way you will notice unless you’re with them.

Geese make a lot of ruckus if they think they can hear you coming, or if you’re getting too close to a nest, but when they see something scary, like a predator they stand super tall and alert and make a low “heh heh heh heh” sound, then start hustling in the opposite direction.
If you’re inside you probably aren’t going to notice that.

Murrey McMurrey says Chinese Geese make great guardians so I'll soon see.
Of course they did heh. It's really very simple. Geese are terriorial birds so anything in their immediate vincity which they don't tollerate as part of their community they will get aggressive with (or frightened by --- if your geese are actually chickens)

So get the goslings together asap. The sooner they bond the better, however keep them partitioned if they've got some age and size difference for about a week and then see if they play nice together.

This is what I feed my geese, they can eat it from start to finish or all stages of life: https://www.farmandfleet.com/produc...50-lb-18-all-natural-duck-and-goose-feed.html Though they're mostly out to pasture now while that lasts.

They'll be fine with a kiddie pool or a plastic tub or stock tank which you could probably get cheap off craigslist or ebay.

Of course they did heh. It's really very simple. Geese are terriorial birds so anything in their immediate vincity which they don't tollerate as part of their community they will get aggressive with (or frightened by --- if your geese are actually chickens)

So get the goslings together asap. The sooner they bond the better, however keep them partitioned if they've got some age and size difference for about a week and then see if they play nice together.

This is what I feed my geese, they can eat it from start to finish or all stages of life: https://www.farmandfleet.com/produc...50-lb-18-all-natural-duck-and-goose-feed.html Though they're mostly out to pasture now while that lasts.

They'll be fine with a kiddie pool or a plastic tub or stock tank which you could probably get cheap off craigslist or ebay.
Thank you for this information @AGeese . 👍

Back
Top Bottom