Do geese need

A kiddie pool is fine. My first year I read they had to have a pond for the eggs to be fertile but after reading up on it I realized it didn't matter. I hatched out about 20 geese this year with just kiddie pools.

Quote:
That's a relief.
smile.png

geese just need a solid big bowl and there happy a plastic paddling pool is no good as they walk in they'll press the side down let all the water out and frighten themselves. but a large washing up bowl big enough for them to wash. there happy

A wading pool will be just fine but ours do like the hose left on trickling into it. This appears to stimulate the ganders into mating
smile.png

Pete
wink.png

mally.one :

geese just need a solid big bowl and there happy a plastic paddling pool is no good as they walk in they'll press the side down let all the water out and frighten themselves. but a large washing up bowl big enough for them to wash. there happy

I tried the plastic paddling pool and it kept emptying so I stopped using it
smile.png

We have a little turtle sandbox converted into a pool and a 100 gallon stock tank dug into the ground for our goose, Happy. She'll occasionally sit and float in the in-ground "pond", but she really enjoys just sitting in the little turtle. That's where she does most of her washing and flapping. She just plops down and gets down to business! LOL

Back
Top Bottom