Do Hens ever lay 2 eggs on the same day?

BawkinOnTheBench

Songster
11 Years
Jun 13, 2008
UT
We have 2 EE's, Easter and Egg. Easter started laying 2 weeks ago, and has been laying most days. As far as we know, Egg hasn't started laying. She doesn't do the squat or anything.

Yesterday, we got 2 green eggs, within about 3 hours time. The second egg we know for sure was laid by Easter - she was doing the egg squawk and was in the nest box with the warm egg. That egg was a medium (1 7/8 oz). The first egg was a large (2 oz). Both eggs were exactly the same color.

So which do you think is more likely - that both eggs were laid by one hen, or that the 2nd EE came in to lay and laid a large egg that was the exact same color as the other?

Don't go by the squawking to determine who laid what. Around here I get a lot more squawking than I get eggs...... lol BUT is remotely possible for one hen to lay 2 eggs in 1 day. Usually one will be shell-less or otherwise not fully developed. My first guess is that Egg snuck one in while you were looking at Easter.
smile.png

Quote:
There are a few words doing it.
If you type C H I C K you will get hen.
roll.png

I think someone is trying to be cute for A pril F ool's D ay. (spaced because that is also doing it)
tongue.png

Just makes for confusing reading.
barnie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom