do i bring the eggs in before giving them to a broody.

hi! just wondering if when I collect my fertile eggs do I bring them inside before I give them to my broody chicken

You want to give her all the eggs you want her to hatch on the same day. This way all the eggs will hatch at the same time and she is more likely to care for all the chicks. I would bring them inside, but don't refrigerate them. I'm sure others can better advise you on the best way to store eggs prior to setting them.

You want to give her all the eggs you want her to hatch on the same day. This way all the eggs will hatch at the same time and she is more likely to care for all the chicks. I would bring them inside, but don't refrigerate them. I'm sure others can better advise you on the best way to store eggs prior to setting them.
Thank you

I just collect mine up as soon as they are laid, put them in a clean egg box pointy end down at room temperature. I also mark them accordingly. Give them a little turn every few days.

When I have enough eggs I want to incubate I pop them under my broody or into the incubator. I don't tend to incubate eggs that were collected over 10-12 days ago.

Back
Top Bottom