Do I cut off permanent frostbite

Leave the frostbite alone. No touching, no petroleum jelly, which does not help. The affected areas will turn black, shrivel, and fall off, like a scab.
Yeah, just leave it. It will resolve on its own. It doesn't look like the worst condition. Can you move them to a place where that is warmer, or no draft? Or place a blanket over their coop?

Ok so I have had my roosters inside for 3 days and putting medicine on them but the frostbite seems to be permanent and I don’t have dubbing equipment because I raise for eggs and chicks. I will take some pictures but for now I want to know what to do I have been putting petroleum jelly on them and it’s 71 in my house so I’m wondering what to do
One thing to watch for though is sneezing, runny noses, or any other signs of upper respiratory infection. You can give them org apple cider vinegar and/or probiotics in their water to help them get through the winter.

You've gotten good advice so far. I've found that keeping them indoors makes the swelling and inflammation much worse post-frostbite but I'm not sure putting him back out would make a difference at this point. Don't touch, don't put weird lotions on him, and definitely don't dub him. Keep us updated. :)

The Apple Cider Vinegar doesn't do anything for Respiratory illness. It does help support gut health, & digestion. Probiotics is good for gut health, & immune support, but it doesn't do much for respiratory illness.
This is entirely off topic. We're on the subject of combs.

Back
Top Bottom