Do I have a rooster in my flock?

Looks like a pullet to me. The one in the center is a silver laced Wyandotte, rest are barred Rocks.
What makes you think it's a pullet? The hackle and saddle feathers?

Rokue, are you sure they are Barred Rocks? If they are, that's a rooster. If that one is a different breed, I'm not sure ... the head looks like a pullet's, but the rest looks like a rooster! The wing points down and is long like a rooster's wings, and the legs are awfully thick to be a hen's.

Some pullets have husky legs too.
Ahhhhh ... good point.
Do you have any pictures of hens like that?
smile.png

The 2 barred birds are Rocks and are pullets. The oddball is a silver laced Wyandotte and looks to be a pullet as well.

best picture I could get of him they are hard to hatch with that wite mounted on their about to build a coop today to move them into.
Do you have any good shots of his/her hackle and saddle feathers and his/her legs, a little closer than that? I know no one else agrees with me, but I will need a reason to believe it's a pullet!
smile.png

I got them from an unsexed group mixed. The two of them drop their feet down when you get them picked up and they have bumps on their feet which tells me they might be roosters since it shows possible spur development on two of them.

Do you have any good shots of his/her hackle and saddle feathers and his/her legs, a little closer than that? I know no one else agrees with me, but I will need a reason to believe it's a pullet! :)
whats the deference between a regular chicken and a pullet?

Back
Top Bottom