Do I have a sick Duck?

Jlw0903

Songster
Jul 2, 2019
I have 6 ducks. 1 male and 5 female. They are all about 5mo old. One of my girls I noticed acting strangely today. First she "excrited" a white thing that looked like a small white rubber balloon (maybe a empty soft egg?). I also found in the middle of the day a egg with a soft shell. I cant say it was hers however.
At least one of my ducks started laying a few days ago and I suspected it may be her.
Shes been quiter than usual and slowed moving. Usually when I let them out of their pen she is very vocal and propelling herself around with her wings. Today shes barely made a peep and straggled behind the others
She seems to be keeping herself apart form the others too which isn't like her.

She seems to be drinking fine, ( I gave her some electrolytes just now) and was quick enough to eat treats but wasn't really grazing much when let out of her pen.

She also is holding her tail low. Instead of tipping up like duck tails do hers is straight out or slightly down at times.
Her poops besides the weird egg sack thing look just like all the others. Her eyes and nose are clear and walking just fine.

Do I have a tired egg layer mama or a sick duck? I'm freaking out.

Update: Kevin seems to be back to herself this morning. I guess she just needed a good nights sleep but I will continue to keep an eye on her.

Back
Top Bottom