Do I need a license to sell extra eggs in Ohio?

Here's what I found on google: "In Ohio, we can sell eggs from our farms without an inspection or license as long as we maintain 500 or fewer birds. If you decide to sell eggs off your farm, at a farmers market, restaurant or retail store, then requirements are different," via: coshoctontribune.com

If you go to your local craigslist and see several egg posts, chances are a license is not required. Doubt many people would go through the hassle just to sell a few dozen eggs here and there. I don't personally live in OH, but here in CA, a license in NOT required for the selling of fertile and non fertile eggs (when selling from a small-scale farm).

Here's another great link. ohioline.osu.edu I would definitely give this one a read if you are planning to sell eggs. There's a helpful chart on here that shows you what you can and cant do without a license as well as what rules you have to oblige to given your circumstances.

Here's what I found on google: "In Ohio, we can sell eggs from our farms without an inspection or license as long as we maintain 500 or fewer birds. If you decide to sell eggs off your farm, at a farmers market, restaurant or retail store, then requirements are different," via: coshoctontribune.com

If you go to your local craigslist and see several egg posts, chances are a license is not required. Doubt many people would go through the hassle just to sell a few dozen eggs here and there. I don't personally live in OH, but here in CA, a license in NOT required for the selling of fertile and non fertile eggs (when selling from a small-scale farm).

Here's another great link. ohioline.osu.edu I would definitely give this one a read if you are planning to sell eggs. There's a helpful chart on here that shows you what you can and cant do without a license as well as what rules you have to oblige to given your circumstances.
Thank you for this info! I will look at that document.

Back
Top Bottom