Do i need another brooder??

Carlee

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 26, 2014
Hello
We put 12 mixed bantams into our incubator & only one hatched out we put another 6 in the incubator on 24th our hatched chick was only 1 week old, we were wondering if we can put the new chicks "that hopefully will hatch in 21 ish days" in the brooder with our chick.

Hello
We put 12 mixed bantams into our incubator & only one hatched out we put another 6 in the incubator on 24th our hatched chick was only 1 week old, we were wondering if we can put the new chicks "that hopefully will hatch in 21 ish days" in the brooder with our chick.

I think a single chick would be okay with babies after they are several days old. I have the same situation right now. One 4 day old chick in the living room with more due to hatch in 3 days. I will put the single in with the newborns after they are 3 or 4 days old but I will watch them close at first.

that means a month between...I would watch and be careful puting them together. The size difference will be very pronounced and no idea how the temperment of the lone big chick will be. If it was my one month old rooster I have right now a baby would be toast he is a real buggar with the girls but gentle as can be with humans. I have been on the verge of removing him from the brooder a few times for good because he has fits and terrorizes them all a few times a day. If your lone chick were really gentle and eager for the company that may be ok. Do you have a mirror in with the lone chick to help it get used to seeing another chick occasionally?

Back
Top Bottom