Do I open the oxygen vent when incubating?

yallapilko

Songster
7 Years
Nov 13, 2012
Hi there, please can I have a quick reminder when I should open the oxygen vent, at the beginning of incubation, at the end or during hatching? Thanks!

It's a forced air automatic incubator (suro 20) , so it has a fan and automatic humidity regulator.

If your having a hard time maintaining the humidity you want you can close the vents.

I dry incubate so as long as my humidity is 20 to 35 during incubation mine are out. But to raise humidity I just put a few drops of water in to being it up.

I have had no issues with them out and I prefer a good air exchange. I think it's better for the eggs.

When I watched my broody hens they had eggs all the way under them some on the edge of em. They got them to hatch. They don't have vent plugs.

So I didn't worry about them too much after watching how some broody birds handled their eggs.

Thanks Feedman, I've been considering trying to dry incubate but too wary to have a go. Good observation of the hens, nature always knows best!

If your having a hard time maintaining the humidity you want you can close the vents.

I dry incubate so as long as my humidity is 20 to 35 during incubation mine are out. But to raise humidity I just put a few drops of water in to being it up.

I have had no issues with them out and I prefer a good air exchange. I think it's better for the eggs.

When I watched my broody hens they had eggs all the way under them some on the edge of em. They got them to hatch. They don't have vent plugs.

So I didn't worry about them too much after watching how some broody birds handled their eggs.
Do you keep 20-35 humidity from start to finish or do you pick up the humidity the last 3days

Back
Top Bottom