Do I put this duck down?

Miracle and her new buddy are spending time sitting beside each other. She improves a little every day. Everyone is chill this morning because the smoke from a forest fire is really bad.
I am currently in Northern Virginia, and the air quality is awful this week as a result of forest fires in Canada. It was code orange but today they issued a code red alert.

I am so glad Miracle is continuing to do well.

The worst fire is actually 150km away from me but there are several in the area. On a air quality code 1 being very good and 10 very bad, our area is at 11. Nearest large city, Ottawa, Ontario, had the worst air quality of any North American city today. When I got up I really hoped it was just foggy but no. Winds and geography, it is a large valley area, are making it bad. No end in sight since the fire is not yet under control. It is going to be a long dangerous summer.

The worst fire is actually 150km away from me but there are several in the area. On a air quality code 1 being very good and 10 very bad, our area is at 11. Nearest large city, Ottawa, Ontario, had the worst air quality of any North American city today. When I got up I really hoped it was just foggy but no. Winds and geography, it is a large valley area, are making it bad. No end in sight since the fire is not yet under control. It is going to be a long dangerous summer.
:hugs

Yeah, when I was looking at the report I was floored.

My boyfriend lives in NYC, and he said the skies were orange over there this afternoon.

I'm less than 30 km from that Millennial Lake / Calabogie fire, but I barely have any issues here.

Miracle and her new buddy are spending time sitting beside each other. She improves a little every day. Everyone is chill this morning because the smoke from a forest fire is really bad.
Yeah, be careful up there! I'm down here in SE Missouri, in the middle of the US, and we're getting the haze even down here; the setting sun is cherry red and the sky is very hazy. The weather map showed how much of Canada is impacted by fire and it's very sad and shocking. Y'all are in my prayers. :hugs

Up-date on Miracle the Muscovy
She is doing really well - eating, drinking, and behaving like a normal duck. She is the middle duck in the picture, with her buddy Mud Puddle and drake, Kitkat. They are spending time in their day spa while I finish renovating/securing their run and coop.
Thank you all for helping me decide to give her a chance.
20230614_084440.jpg

Back
Top Bottom