Do I take the new goslings from parents or let them raise them?

Dianneher

Hatching
Mar 27, 2020
I have a pair of Toulouse geese and they hatched two eggs! They are super cute! Both parents are super protective. I have them in their own enclosure away from the chickens. And they are not allowed outside for now.
but do I leave the goslings with them or should I take them and raise them separate?
I want them to be friendly and not sure if that will happen if I just leave them. The parents normally are friendly, they come up on our deck and will come right in the house if we let them!

Attachments

• 3E0489FD-4FBE-4EA5-8B7D-8C146C61A671.jpeg
    3E0489FD-4FBE-4EA5-8B7D-8C146C61A671.jpeg
    889.9 KB · Views: 10
My gander was raised by my human imprinted goose, and I honestly didn't expect him to be as friendly as she is. But he's turned out to be seeking my company at least as much as she does.

He's the one honking his head off when he can't see me through the window; he's the first one inside the house if I leave the door open; and he's the one who follows me around the yard when I pull out weeds. I don't think he could be any friendlier towards me, and he even makes friends with some of my friends, as well.

And also, what erlibrd said.

Only thing I could see that could happen is the gosling getting stepped on if mom an dad get stressed so make sure all stays calm around them. But watching mom an dad and gosling together once you let them out is such a wonderful experience. Id start after a week letting them in an enclousure for their protection and especially everyone else protected. But when mines goslings we’re going on 3 weeks old they were all out among every one chickens and ducks and no one would have dared mess with those goslings. lol Hopefully you keep your flock fenced.

Back
Top Bottom