Do I turn unpecked eggs during lockdown?

gypsymoonfarm

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 6, 2011
My eggs hatched days earlier than I expected.
hmm.png
They were shipped during the heatwave and I didn't even think to count those 3 days when I was planning. So 3 days early I got up and found pecked eggs. I had to open the incubator to lay a wet towel down so they wouldn't fall through the egg cups in the turner. This morning I have one hatched chick, 6 with pecks, and 2 with nothing happening. Do I open it up again to turn the ones that aren't doing anything?

On a side note, it's been 24 hours and on some there is no progress!! Just a dent facing out where they pecked and quit. Is that normal or did the chick just die?

No don't open the bator during lock down. So it is best that you remove the turner, and then leave things alone until you have to remove the first hatched chicks at 3 days old.

Quote:
Nope leave them be, sounds like there trying to hatch, As I understand it the chicks need to settle in the shells and the chicks have to get there bearings so to speak.

Congrats on the new babies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone!! I have a blue mottled d'uccle so far.....waiting on one lavender (one I want most), 3 more blues, 2 black mottled, and 2 porcelain.

I lost my pet d'uccle flock last months so I can't wait to see if these little boogers make it through the hatch!

Back
Top Bottom