Do It Yourself Bumblefoot Surgery..........Input please.

Monk422

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 6, 2011
Manteca, Ca
Afternoon Chicken Folks.

caf.gif
Gathering products and info on fixing bumble foot problem on 2 yr old hen of ours. She had a bubble on top of her foot when we got her last year, but it went away. Now she's got classic dbl black callouses on bottoms of her feet and tops are swollen. I've seen one procedure on youtube. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this problem recently and can offer any insight or hints to success? Like, should we do both at the same time? Thank you in advance for any input. Oh & who has the best prices online for meds and such that I'm looking for?
Sincerely,
Monk

I have tried doing surgery, found it too stressful on them and me. Last two times, 2 different birds, I used the tricide neo. Is for fish. you must mix it with distilled water or it will not work. I soaked 2 times a day for about 10 min, used the same water all week. Cleared it right up with no recurrence in those birds and it has been more than a year. The cost is about $20 for a large package. The ratio is on here somewhere but it does work. It does not look better at the end of the week but later the swelling goes down and the bumble works itself right out.

Thank you. Definitely will try non surgical applications first. We also have fish, so were familiar with that medicine. Interesting. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom