Do marans eggs require different humidity setting?

I keep mine at about 30% for the first 18 days and then bump it up to 60% for the last 3. It works well for me. Everybody has to figure out what works best for their area and conditions. What works for me or someone else isn't necessarily going to work well for you. That's why is a good idea to do some practice hatches on cheap local, non-shipped eggs before you put any expensive eggs in.

Quote:
And you use this method for all the eggs right? I think that's what I will do then. It sounds very like the article I just read on this subject on the link above. Thanks everybody. I appreciate it.

Quote:
I'd do that if I had the room right now LOL! My eyes were bigger than my bator and things are alittle crowded in there!

Quote:
And you use this method for all the eggs right? I think that's what I will do then. It sounds very like the article I just read on this subject on the link above. Thanks everybody. I appreciate it.

Yep, I use it for all my eggs.

One question Katy, i saw that you have call ducks. My outfit wants ducks next summer and I want to know, are the calls as loud as rumored? My nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away.

Quote:
I've got both blue and black teen-agers growing out......I think I actually got quite a few pullets to add to my flock.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom