Do Miniature Pinschers get along with chickens

smakatura

Hatching
Sep 15, 2023
I am looking for a new small dog.

I know that mini dachunds are mini psychopaths and will kill anything that is not a cat, dog or human. (my previous mini dachund killed over 2 dozen chickens...and just bc he could...other than that i miss him greatly).

do miniature pinschers get along with chickens?

are there better small breeds that I should look at? (dogs about 25 lbs. only please, - we also had indoor kittens frequently and want to make sure the dog would not hurt the kittens)

Our daughter’s dog is half min pin. High prey drive. He rushes at the chickens every time he passes the run. We keep him on a leash at all times.

Honestly it depends on what breeder you get them from. And how they are trained. There are many great dog breeds under 25lbs. I can get a list if you want?
I have one field bred golden retriever
And one pet/show golden retriever . The field bred i cant even put around a bird even though i did try and teach him to be gentle he would kill them.
The pet/ show one can be left alone with any chicken or small animal she would put a tooth on them.

Funny enough, I have a miniature dachshund that loves my chickens. If I let her in the coop she will try to find them and cuddle up with them in their sandpit like they're a giant fluffy pillow. Lol

Back
Top Bottom