Do Nosy Neighbours Count As Pests?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Zeil, Aug 1, 2015.

1. adylina

adylina Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2015
    Missouri

Some people really do live off of confrontation, I can't understand it, but not much of a way to fix it... I hope things get better for your dad! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. adylina

adylina Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2015
    Missouri

We actually have since bought 30 acres this year and now there is not a nosy neighbor in sight! There's only one house we can actually see from ours, but they mind their own business and we keep to ours so it works out well. The garden on the other hand... We got a lot of rain and it all drowned [​IMG]

3. Zeil

Zeil Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2015
    Brisbane QLD
    So after looking out and seeing two official looking guys standing out in their backyard with them staring into ours pointing and talking about stuff this morning, I finally went around to their front door to talk to them about what they're doing.

By the time I was dressed they were gone from the backyard and the guys along with them.

I knocked and knocked and knocked... Their car was in the driveway and I could hear their yappy little dog barking somewhere inside but after five minutes the door went unanswered and I left.

4. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Wow, that is just too weird.

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Yep, that is sounding weird and a little sinister ... sounds like they are definitely up to something.

Rather than my previous suggestion of the night time torch light hunts being for Cane Toads, maybe they saw a mouse or other rodent and are thinking about blaming your chooks.

Oh well, if the official looking dudes were, in fact, officials of some sort, you may find out very soon what it is all about. OR, if they were official, you will not hear anything because they will have walked away thinking along the same lines as yourself that these people are loopy! [​IMG]

6. Zeil

Jun 29, 2015
    Brisbane QLD

To be fair they only had those hideous neon safety jackets and clip boards... They could have been whack job family.

7. bigred77

bigred77 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2015
    Marble Falls, TX

Yea, being a contractor myself i am pretty sure those guys were contractors

They gunna geta bigger fence installed

8. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country

Hopefully for Zeils sake it will be a really tall fence so nobody has to see their cleepy activity anymore.

9. Zeil

Jun 29, 2015
    Brisbane QLD
    And we where back to the torches again...

I got up last night for a drink, the light in our kitchen remains on all night to provide a small amount of light to our parrots in the lounge, however walking back to bed our whole laundry was light up by what seemed like a bloody spotlight shining in the window...

If they have some sort of mounted outdoor lighting they've never used it before and no extra lighting was set up in their yard this morning...

Weird for two seconds I thought in was the fourth kind of encounter or something... And frankly I'm not into probing.

10. Mini Meat

Mini Meat Chillin' With My Peeps

Maybe it was their mother ship?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by