Do Not Buy Your Kids Rabbits for Easter!

Cluckcluck1215

Free Ranging
8 Years
Jan 21, 2016
Found.
Hello all.....
I need to Address a concern...

DO NOT Buy your Kids, Grandkids, Nephews, Nieces, Great Grandkids ANYONE that doesn't know how to properly care for a rabbit!!

Thousands of rabbis are mass bred every year all across the country, Hundreds after Hundreds die, Thousand after Thousands are abandoned, left on the side of the road to die, or thrown to a shelter.

Share this with the hundreds of members in this community, Share it with family and friends, Please.
Raise awareness for these poor rabbits.

Yes do research.As a younger kid I had three and grew out of them quickly.They stunk to bad and I didn’t have time to clean to give it the proper play time it needed,did what I could though.IMO they are not inside pets and definitely not pets for kids who attend school eight hours a day.

Add on-They also need fixed which was another issue and they overall kept eating carpet and peeing and then they nest in my covers and behind my pillows!

yes. i feel sorry for all the rabbits who get abandoned/neglected and die due to the fact people buy them as pets and have no idea what there doing to care for an animal.

but rabbits due make an excellent meal. (sorry i just love rabbit meat)

yes. i feel sorry for all the rabbits who get abandoned/neglected and die due to the fact people buy them as pets and have no idea what there doing to care for an animal.

but rabbits due make an excellent meal. (sorry i just love rabbit meat)
I've never had rabbit meat, and I probably will never try it. I like to stick to normal meat, Not stuff like Rabbit, Duck or Even Lamb for tht matter.

I had duck many years ago but, after all my time on BYC I don't think I would eat it again. Now I can picture their sweet expressions where I didn't know anything about ducks before.

We breed Hollands and Netherlands on a low volume for show and pets. I bred 3 does to fulfill wait list orders, not even thinking about when Easter was this year (because it's always later!) Of the 13 we had from those 3 litters, all but 3 are spoken for by clients. I'm not even going to advertise them until next weekend because I don't want to deal with Easter impulse buyers. We won't adopt animals out in the first place to impulse shoppers, and I make it a point to ensure that every adopter we send a bun home with is fully aware of the commitment they're getting themselves into. I have turned people away numerous times because I just didn't feel like they really got it, and I'm not shy about telling someone that they're better off with another pet, or finding a bun from another source. We're looking to find lifetime homes for what is essentially a member of our family. If we don't feel like you're the right fit, you're not leaving with one of our kids. Simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom