DO NOT USE CHICKENS FOR BACKYARDS!! Buyer Beware!

heathercara

Chirping
Jan 18, 2019
Santa Cruz Mountains
Hi, fellow chicken people,

I wanted to post an update. I was sold sick birds (confirmed by the avian pathologist at UC Davis) by ChickensforBackyards.com. Even though I have spent far more money on one of my birds who I had to have put down, ChickensforBackyards.com and specifically Cindy refuse to take responsibility or accountability, and refuse to give me a refund (max $100) for selling me chicks infected with myelomatosis (confirmed by the avian pathologist at UC Davis, where I sent my roo for a necropsy).

Anyway, I am just beyond upset. This company takes zero responsibility and continually blames "my area" (though I have never have birds, no one before us had birds, and our coop and everything else was brand new), has no true understanding of infection control and safe breeding practices, and is all-around awful. I just want everyone to be aware.

I ask because their website clearly mentions they do vaccinate for Marek's which pretty much means it is a given that their birds carry the disease.
Screenshot_20190913-143932.png

Thank you so much from all of us at Backyard Chickens for the "heads up." We appreciate responsible animal owners doing what's right.

I'm praying I never have to their service, but if I ever do, I will know who to steer clear of. You're clucking alright with this chick. Thanks again. Hoping you get restitution soon. Your sense of integrity speaks for itself - a job well done - so pat yourself on the shoulder and be calm. You deserve it. Till next cluck...stay calm.

That's why never buy from a person who breeds them for money,they usually just care about the money they making not the animal's health,find a person who cares about the animal.

I would actually report this to your state vet and your state attorney general, they should be a closed flock no birds in and no birds out not even eggs. especially after people have let them know.
Also your flock should remain closed until they are all gone and you have cleaned everything, I think it takes about a week to a month before you could then bring in new birds from a good source, I may be wrong on length so hopefully @dawg53 or @Eggcessive can confirm this or correct me

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom