Do people in southern states like pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greeks do cook alot of meat on grills and BBQ... We love pork chops and any kind of meats on grills...

But Greeks don't use BBQ sauce. We use lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregeno for our meats.

Last edited:
My friends here call me an adopted southerner, LOL. Originally from upstate NY, but here for half my life. I'm outside Charlotte, NC. If you opened a great Greek restaurant/pizza place in Charlotte, you'd probably do really well. In the city, there aren't many natives. Most are Yankee transplants. Out where I live, though, it's a different story!

I love all kinds of food. I can find something to love in any nationality's or region's cuisine. Charlotte has a very popular annual Greek festival. Give me baklava, spanikopita, tiropita, galaktoboureko (sp?), moussaka, etc, and I'm in heaven. Braised lamb shanks - divine! It's hard to find outside of the Greek festival, done well, though.

Come on down! Cook, and don't say why you're better than anyone here, because you're not. Let your food do the talking if you open a restaurant. If you're as good as you say, you'll have people lined out the door. If you're not - well, you can take it from there. :)

Greeks do cook alot of meat on grills and BBQ... We love pork chops and any kind of meats on grills...

But Greeks don't use BBQ sauce. We use lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregeno for our meats.
Most folks would be familiar with the majority of the herbs used, but, like so many cuisines, it's the combinations and amounts used that makes them distinct from one another. People seem to either love or dislike some combinations.

Wow,this thread has gone from Greek pizza to "Southern" foods to Polish food to Starbucks coffee without any of the "major" thread hi-jackers getting involved! Along with a couple of turns of "them" and "us" showing up as well. I'm impressed!

And just to get another "dig" in, please remember there are Yankees( living above the Mason-Dixon line),dern Yankees( who visit and go home),and gol-dern Yankees who stay and tell us how they used to do it!
(this is meant as fun,don't get too serious!!!!!!!)
As I said before WE DON'T GIVE A DAM HOW ITS DONE UP NORTH,
I guess that's why we are called hard headed, because that's the way it is down here & that's the way its gona be, Greek food ain't gona change a thing.

Most of the Greeks restaurants around here are
seafood (fried), breakfasts and the "normal stuff".
Just wondering how a girl from the south could
go to the north and open a "southern cuisine"...
fried okra, fried chicken with gravy and biscuits, etc.

Do you think it could work?

Dont know about up there but it sounds good to me !!!!!! Nothing like it !!!!!!

Wow,this thread has gone from Greek pizza to "Southern" foods to Polish food to Starbucks coffee without any of the "major" thread hi-jackers getting involved! Along with a couple of turns of "them" and "us" showing up as well. I'm impressed!
With one notable exception, they are here.
wink.png

It's been done. They called it "soul food."

Last edited:
Actually, you started the thread as a dig on what a bunch of bumpkins we Southerner's are, and wouldn't know a quality pizza if it smacked us in the face. We just decided to hand your insult back to you, with grace and charm....Something Yankees have very little of.

Well Royd who is being insulting now? Having lived in New England all my life, I can say you are wrong about us not having grace and charm. Plenty of New Englanders have grace and charm. When it comes to grace and charm and you my dear, well I just will say what my Dad always said "people who live in glass housed should not throw stones," or "that's the pot calling the kettle black!"

Not meant in a mean way, just an observation...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom