DO people think your crazy

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rode Island Red 2008, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Rode Island Red 2008

Rode Island Red 2008 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2008
    DO people around you think your crazy because you have chickens, people think i am lol

2. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    The guy at the feed store laughed at me when I spent $40 to fill my propane tanks for their heaters, so yeah, people think I'm a little weird! [​IMG]

3. Kesta

Kesta Pie Crust Malfunction

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    yes my school friends make fun of me for it

4. mychickensrock

mychickensrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Oh, most definitely! Many of my girlfriends are germ freaks too, so they REALLY think I'm bonkers.

5. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    most definately everyone in my family does.

6. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    It's about 50/50 here. People either get it or they don't. I was talking with a guy I work with about our animals. We just happened to discover we both have a lot. We were comparing our chickens and the teacher walking with us was asking why we would want chickens. On the other hand the vice principal's secretary overheard us talking about chickens and flew out into the hallway to ask if I have eggs to sell!

7. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Ummmmm, yeah! But that's ok with me. I love my chickens and that is all that matters to me [​IMG]

8. chels23

chels23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2008
    S.E Kansas
    People always give me weird look and then tell me how gross and dirty chickens are.

9. cat

cat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    I think the chickens were the final nail in the coffin of my crazyness as far as everyone is concerned, my three frankenstein cats convinced them something was not quite right years ago. [​IMG]

Then there was my horse that even the vet said needed a bullet and that I needed a shrink because I put up with her!

I also have a dog that was taken from a fighting ring, who lives in peace with the chickens, cats and people (despite all dire doom and gloom predictions by everyone who said she couldn't be rehabilitated)

the really crazy thing is that on their worst days, my animals are far nicer than a lot of people I know on their best days.

So embrace your crazyness and let your freak flag fly [​IMG]

10. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

I would have to say "NO!!!" to this question....But that might have something to do with most of the people I talk to also have chickens/farms. And the ones who don't thought I had been the conductor of the 'crazy train' long before I got chickens... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Maybe they're all crazy and I am the sane one!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by