DO people think your crazy

I have never had a friend that did the same things that I do ,I sew , I make quilts , I do quilling , I like crafts of all kinds . I make my own hand lotion , You name it I try it,And now I have chickens , and yes they think I am crazy cause I am always doing something . I have even had people to ask me why I do all these thing are you unhappy or something. I don't understand people who do nothing.

I think I finally hit the 'weird' factor when the 'feedmill' workers were ready to load my truck with feed before I even pull in. Or when at 'Fleet Farm' the farm supply workers know me on a first name basis, they even let me know as I am walking back there if they have anything NEW in...
Or how about when the mail man has to come to your door to deliver the mail because you have to many catalogs/magazines related to your farm (yes chicken magizines too).And they won't all fit in your mailbox.
The saw mill knows when I am calling for wood chips. I think they have me on one of those distinctive ringtones..
idunno.gif

To all the so called 'crazy chicken people'
bow.gif
hugs.gif
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I'm a flight attendant, and when I ask my colleagues on the plane, to save the leftover crushed nuts (which go on the icecream sundays) for my chickens, they look at me like "omg, are you one of those crazy flight attendants who live by themselves, and carry pictures of their 19 cats with them...???". Then, when they find out, that I also have a husband and 2 kids, they relax a little, but they still think I'm weird for having chickens. Oh well, whatever...

My mom thinks I am off my rocker. People at work think it's cute, but it helps that there is another chicken rancher that works with us. He and talk all the time. Our asst GM is ALWAYS asking me about the chickens and to tell him more. It's kinda cool that they DONT think I'm nuts.
big_smile.png

Crazy would be an improvement! They really freak when I start talking about my snakes and then really freak when they actually see me catch wild ones...especially the rattlers...
hu.gif

I just don't understand them...of course they are quick to call when they have one in the yard!

Yes, many people think I am crazy. Happily, some of them think I am crazy in a good way.
tongue.png
After a while, some of them learn that there is method to my madness. Other will always consider me to be whacky, no matter what I do.
idunno.gif

I was in Lowe's on Christmas Eve, buying a bag of BOSS. It was a 40 lb bag, I think. I carried it up to the check out, and the lady asked (repeatedly) if I needed help.

I told her no, that 40 lbs wasn't a problem, but the 50 lb bags of chicken food were really heavy. She replied, "Oh, it's for chickens? I wouldn't have chickens, they bite!"

Just shake your head and walk away...
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom