Do Plymouth Rock hens make good pets?

I have one really nice one who loves to give hugs, and one who attacks me all the time. Both roosters, both from same brood. I really have no idea how they came out that different.

I have one really nice one who loves to give hugs, and one who attacks me all the time. Both roosters, both from same brood. I really have no idea how they came out that different.

Lol! Thanks, I'm not gonna get any roosters though. Do you have any hens?

We have 4 three week old hens, too young to tell how they are at this point. But I assume that we just got a random mean rooster. If the other rooster is so friendly, I can only assume the hens are more friendly as well. They are a pretty popular bird and people seem to like them!

We have 4 three week old hens, too young to tell how they are at this point. But I assume that we just got a random mean rooster. If the other rooster is so friendly, I can only assume the hens are more friendly as well. They are a pretty popular bird and people seem to like them!

Yeah, I've wanted some for a while now and they are most likely gonna be our new pets soon!

I have two BRs in my flock of fifty hens... They are both dears. Both sneak into the house to lay their eggs, they are that special. They're great lap-sitters, too.

Because I like variety I did not get a whole flock of the same breed. But all are pets; just Belinda, Beth, and Punkin (a Buff Orpington) have their facorite "nest" spots inside the house. I also have a full time House Silkie who just hatched four chicks from flock eggs.

Hope that helps answer your inquiry. :)

Back
Top Bottom