Do Roosters Squat

meowteri2

Songster
11 Years
Feb 4, 2010
chicago sw suburbs
I was worried about one of my australorps being a rooster. The worry was just from the look of the comb and wattlle because the other one does not have as much.
They are over 20 weeks old and the one I was worried about is squating for the past 4 days. Is this a quarantee that it is a hen?

stoopid

Chicken Fairy Godmother
8 Years
Aug 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
I have roos that look like they are gonna lay an egg, in the nest box, or anywhere else that looks good. Just showing the girls what to do??

BrattishTaz

Roo Magnet
9 Years
Jan 8, 2011
Tampa Area, Florida
I have a few roos that squat when I pet them. My big BO boy does a great impression of an eggsong too.
roll.png

Have you tried posting pics of the bird in question? Someone may be able to help you figure it out.
wink.png

Edwards' East of Eden

Songster
8 Years
May 11, 2011
Biloxi, MS
I was worried about one of my two hatchery-sexed black australorps being a boy, too, and I posted a picture in the australorp thread down in the breeds category. Yep, the experts said, that's a roo! So, Saturday, when I processed him ... yep, there were the jelly beans. He was a roo, alright.

Cute little Frilly-butted thing.

::le sigh::

Can you give us a picture?

meowteri2

Songster
11 Years
Feb 4, 2010
chicago sw suburbs
Got 3 eggs from the one with the big comb and wattle. Now the one with the small comb and wattle is starting to squat. Glad its a female because the two get along so well.

Top Bottom