Do the cats need the vaccination before they are sold?

We had a young cat who died of feline leukemia. The vet at the spay neuter clinic who gave him his initial shots which do not include the FeLV, later said, we don't push it as much as we should.

Most vets won't spay/neuter cats until they're 6 months.

I got a stray pregnant cat this spring. Came with the place I moved into. :/

She had 5 kittens. Taking my cat count up to 8. My 2 original cats had both been fixed, but there's no way I could afford to fix the 3 females and 3 males. I can't even afford to get mama cat fixed.

I told the people who were taking the kittens that they had not been to the vet yet. As long as they know, then it's fine from my perspective.

I don't know what the actual rules are, but it's either get them in to homes or send them to the SPCA where they may or may not find a home. IF they're even willing to take them from me. I called the SPCA, after I'd found a home for 2 kittens. They said they wouldn't take any of them unless I surrendered all the kittens.

I was supposedly put on a waiting list for a reduced rate for fixing them, but when I called back a month later they asked if I had given my yearly income. They said they would have someone call me back to get my information.........

I've pretty well given up on getting them fixed anytime soon.

heh, does anyone want a kitten?

Back
Top Bottom