do the chickens bite even when they are old

Please send me a PM if you want to discuss chickens one-to-one. I saw your post asking if ownimg chickens gets "old".
You seem to have a lot of questions and I would be happy to help you with them.

In my experience chickens do not bite. An occasional light peck may happen every now and then. But only if I'm messing with a broody hen sitting on a nest of eggs. I'd peck someone messing with my kids too!

Maybe try reading some of the literature on this website about chickens, raising chicks, raising chickens, and chicken breeds. There you might have many of your questions answered.

Well, the roosters of most breeds tend to be a little... meaner than you'd think, I've got scars all over my legs to prove it LOL! Sometimes the only thing you can do is kick 'em or similar stuff. You'll learn more when ya get 'em, make sure ya start off with full grown hens, that way you wont get any roo's. Hens are usually a lot better for pets.

Last edited:
I don't have any roosters, but my two girls have never actually bit me. But the other day I was sitting with the girls giving them treats and one of them must have decided that the inside of my thigh looked tastie...yuk, so I did get a little nip, but no one has tried since, I think she was just confused about what her treats were, or was overly excited.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom