Do these eggs look ok? Kinda concerned about them! First time with call duck hatching eggs!

Pics
Yes I know. I was asking if they had a picture of a dusky hen and what they look like.
20210330_152329.jpg
20210330_152352_(1).jpg
20210330_152333.jpg

Here's one of my dusky girls. But this particular one has a neck ring which is a fault.
They have a real pretty almost emerald green speculum in the sun. Pictures never do them justice.

Thank you!! So when mine starts to feather, I should be able to tell if it’s a drake or hen, right?
You’ll probably hear a quack if it’s a female before a drake’s color will develop. A drake will look the female color when it first gets feathers for a while, then develop the drake colors, but voice will likely be more obvious by then. The dusky hens are harder to distinguish as adults from non-dusky hens. Like Shaw said, mainly just the speculum and I think overall darker, more mute coloring.

You’ll probably hear a quack if it’s a female before a drake’s color will develop. A drake will look the female color when it first gets feathers for a while, then develop the drake colors, but voice will likely be more obvious by then. The dusky hens are harder to distinguish as adults from non-dusky hens. Like Shaw said, mainly just the speculum and I think overall darker, more mute coloring.
Ok thank you

Back
Top Bottom