Do these look like males or females? And are they easter eggers?

My Easter eggers have fluffy faces. My olive kids were smooth. C45FDD39-658D-4EC7-B944-559264EB9E37.jpeg 08C17A7E-55D8-4DD2-82C4-B416B9ACBFE5.jpeg

This isn't a trick question but a sincere one. What makes you think the chicks are Easter Eggers? I currently have over 100 EEs, but they have pea combs, slate shanks and muffs and beards. Those traits come from Auracanas and Ameraucanas. But I'm aware that other breeds withOUT the above traits have been used to make EEs in recent years. It appears that in the first photo, the chick at top right corner has a straight comb. I also see yellow feet and smooth faces. I'm not saying you are wrong, just asking what traits do you see that identify them as EEs?

The reason I asked my question is because sometimes knowing what hatchery chicks came from can help identify a breed. For example, your chicks resemble Welsummers to my eye, but if your hometown hatchery doesn't hatch Welsummers then that rules Welsummers out.
I just took the OP at their word. They said they got EEs, I’ll assume the birds innocent of being another breed until proven guilty. You won’t be truly able to tell for another few weeks, to rule out any other breeds. Some EEs have straight combs, no muffs, and yellow legs. It all depends on their parentage. Honestly, there are many breeds that throw little chipmunk chicks. Welsummer, Barnevelder, Speckled Sussex…there are a lot of things these little guys can be. I’m just assuming they’re EEs, because that’s how they were sold 🙂

No doubt but I wanted eggers 😭😭😭😭
There is another thread posted today asking about Easter eggers that look a lot like yours do. Since your hatchery sold your chicks to you as EEs, I think should rest easy and have faith that they are, and expect pretty colored eggs in a few months. I didn't mean to make you doubt that yours are EEs; as I said I was wanting to know how to identify the "new" types of EE chicks. (straight combs, yellow shanks, etc) When your EEs start laying, post egg photos!

Back
Top Bottom