Do these snowy call ducks look like female?

IMG_3327.JPG

This snowy call I thought was a male because of the dark head, but it turned lighter and was actually a girl. Don't always believe the dark head equals drake thing like I did.

Attachments

• 909FC24A-6778-445D-B655-39F876106AC7.jpeg
    909FC24A-6778-445D-B655-39F876106AC7.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 17
Left bottom corner to be specific. I love them! Makes me wish mine would quit slacking off and lay some eggs already so I can incubate them! Or otherwise my need for more calls will make me spend $76 on 6 more call ducklings from Purely Poultry!
Call ducks are awesome! I missed out last year but this year I got them early :)
View attachment 1279275
This snowy call I thought was a male because of the dark head, but it turned lighter and was actually a girl. Don't always believe the dark head equals drake thing like I did.
she is so beautiful :)

1. A
I was wondering if any one could help me. I’m leaning more towards females! Also they come inside at night
I was wondering if any one could help me. I’m leaning more towards females! Also they come inside at night.
View attachment 1279197
You should fully be able to tell the gender of your ducklings by 10 weeks old. A female will make a a loud quack where a male will make a small kind of quiet rasping sound. If you wish to tell the sex of your ducklings a bit younger. The females should be smaller and lighter than the males and don't stand up as high. The females should also have more feather growth. Drakes or male ducklings should stand taller have thicker legs and run away really quickly and weight quite a bit. I hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom