Do they look ok you? (Pics attached)

epitidios

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 30, 2010
I noticed that my elder chicken are a bit quiet. Also they are pretty easy to catch, which is a bit strange to me. Also their combs are not straight up, as in the roosters and in the slightly younger ones. I attach 3 pics to see. Do they look normal to you?

Thanx a lot in advance.

Last edited:
The first two are 6-7 months old. The last one is almost two. In total i got 5 egg laying hens, and they were laying 3-4 eggs a day. During the last two days, i am getting only 1 or 2. Also the fact that they are pretty east to catch makes me suspicious. I dewromed them lately, dunno if there is any side effect from it. Also they also sneeze/cough. Last month i gave them antibiotics because i found a turkey with swollen head syndrome. Since then they sneeze/cough.

There shouldnt be any side effects from worming if you wormed them properly. Is it hot where you live? The heat will slow them down and there'll be a drop in egg production. As far as the pics...they look ok to me. A side thought, check them for lice/mites. Good luck. Edited: What did you worm them with?

Last edited:
Quote:
The deworming process was done properly. Till yesterday was pretty warm here (up 36C in the shade). I checked them for lice/mites and they are clean. As for the name of the medicine i forgot...., which is not really smart. I got it from my vet though.

One more parameter. Two days ago i got only one egg (there are 5 hens that lay eggs). Yesterday and today none (though there are still a lot of hours till sunset). I guess if i don't get any eggs today and tomorrow, then something has to be really wrong here.

hot weather has cut back on eggs here. also you possible had a visit from a snake. when I find no eggs I always think hungry snake.

I think that a snake invasion is not that likely. What makes me worried (not for the eggs) was the fact that two days ago, two hawks were flying above my coop. I am sure that these ones are not related to the famous chicken hawk, from looney tunes

One more question. From your experience do you know if chickens during high heat are losing weight? Also i noticed that all of them were eating sand now like crazy. Any idea why?

Hmm I've been thinking about his.....are they still coughing or sneezing? You could give them some duramayacin in their drinking water for ten days......that might help. And something else I thought about.....could they be starting to molt? Have you noticed alot of feathers around?

Back
Top Bottom