do they need to be Show Quality???

Some people just like to hatch and they keep pets or even sell everything they hatch. If they don't care about quality they are generally looking for the cheapest eggs they can find.

For hatchery quality pet birds, I suggest that you start at twice the price of eating eggs. Then figure out what it costs you to wrap them up and add that to the cost of shipping.

The people who want show birds are willing to pay considerably more for eggs in order to get the quality of bird and the bloodlines they want. I think the eggs should be priced so that when they hatch, the ducklings have cost less than buying a day old duckling. I figure that not all eggs will hatch, plus the buyer still has the cost of electricity. So I would take the price of a top show potential hatchling and work my way backwards through the expenses in order to come up with a price for the eggs.

Since the price of an exhibition potential chick varies by breed and quality, it's not possible to give a guess at what a generic show bird egg might cost.

I have a pricing related question. What would be an average price range for a pet quality call hen? What about an SQ call hen?

Thanks
Emily

Quote:
I was looking at your website and you say you have Gray Pied calls from Charlie Hodum????

They were sold to us as being from those bloodlines, not directly from Charlie. Still need to varify this as true.

Quote:
I was looking at your website and you say you have Gray Pied calls from Charlie Hodum????

They were sold to us as being from those bloodlines, not directly from Charlie. Still need to varify this as true.

Maybe the Gray that produced your Pieds came from Charlie? Have you posted pictures of them on here anywhere?

No, just took new pics this week though.

piedcallducks3.jpg

There are others on our web site, slowly getting the photos edited and put up today.

Quote:
The little hen in the back right has an adorable face.
I had a GIANT PQ Gray Pied Call hen that was the product of a mating between a White and a Gray(one of them obviously carried the Pied gene). I think the Gray Pieds are really pretty and from what I know of them, they are...BOSSY!
smile.png
My girl hissed at my husband if he even walked within 10 feet of her. She was a character.

Quote:
The little hen in the back right has an adorable face.
I had a GIANT PQ Gray Pied Call hen that was the product of a mating between a White and a Gray(one of them obviously carried the Pied gene). I think the Gray Pieds are really pretty and from what I know of them, they are...BOSSY!
smile.png
My girl hissed at my husband if he even walked within 10 feet of her. She was a character.

Thank you, she is the blue fawn pied girl in that pen. These are so far very friendly, the boys nudge me when I feed and the girls talk as soon as they see us.

Back
Top Bottom