Do they sell dna tested silkie chicks?

I think that’s only temporary. And the minimum varies by location.

We can ship as few as three baby chicks! Our minimums are based on your zip code, and how long the USPS tells us it will take for your order to arrive at your post office. The longer they tell us it will take, the higher your minimum, for the safety of your chicks. (Don't worry about remembering your minimum! Our website will remember it for you, and alert you if you've chosen too few chicks.)

We can ship as few as two ducklings or goslings year-round; waterfowl ship separately.

8FAC80E6-1475-49D4-B4FD-6A995C2EF1F1.jpeg

There is a calculator to figure out your minimum.
https://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/BabyChickMin.aspx

So maybe if you wait and try it again after the 25th, it should be lower, and also the minimum it shows for me is just for my location, it might be less for yours, so don’t go by what mine says, I would go to the calculator and try it for yourself.

Also they still have some Buff Silkies

It says

“† For the safety of the chicks shipped betweenMar 25, 2019 and Mar 25, 2019, orders must have a minimum of 8 standard or 15 bantam chicks.”

Right, and it also says chicks. Not pullets. Chicks need to be shipped in groups because they don't have enough feathers for insulation on their own, so they need to be able to huddle together. A well-started pullet should be fine.

So, we went “just to look” to a farm we just found out about in Allentown, NJ. (Fancy Mothercluckers) Great place.
In one of the Silkie brooders there were 2 crested silkies born on March 12 th. We took the smaller one with the rounder crest. I am gambling again but she takes back roosters. So here’s Daisy watching a Hallmark movie with us last night:

C7928C6A-CC7E-48CA-885A-8C1A5E0DB7E0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom