do u have a chicken that hasint laid eggs ever and u wished it did?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by adriennehearts, Mar 17, 2009.

1. adriennehearts

adriennehearts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    me too join my club i never touched a egg once or it hasint laid:(

wat about u?

2. EngieKisses

EngieKisses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2008
    Collinsville, Oklahoma
    How old is she? I have has some that took a little over 6 months to start. Thought they would never lay.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    MN
    I have a white rock that is about 10-11 years old and I can't remember the last time she laid an egg, but I'd love it if she did! As long as it wouldn't be too much trouble on her part and her elderly age!

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Lilith only lays sporadically, but that's okay. She's had her share of troubles. She's beautiful and I love her anyways.
    I had two hens that were over nine months old before they laid. How old are yours?

5. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I have a friend with a BR who was almost a year old before she laid her first egg.

6. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    I have a husband who I wished would do the dishes but never did. Does that count?

7. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    [​IMG]

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:OT- Boy, do I know that feeling! Last night my SO insisted on "helping" me fix supper. He said he wanted to learn how to make my chili. The whole time I was thinking, why don't you ever want to learn how I do dishes?!?! [​IMG]

9. amcstay

amcstay Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    The whole time I was thinking, why don't you ever want to learn how I do dishes?!?!

That is too funny! Mine on the other hand, does dishes but won't put away my clothes or fold them when they come out of the wash....

As for nonlaying hens, my 5 month old has been "squatting" since last week, but still hasn't laid.. I know it will happen soon, but Dh is really pressuring her by yelling "lay an egg" every time he sees her. If it works, I may start yelling at him to "Fold and put away!" [​IMG]

10. Leah-yes I know I'm crazy

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Skidway Lake, MI
    I have an ee who started laying a week ago! I got her last MAY!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by