do u name drop when selling birds and is it wrong not to ?

If I was selling a bird that I hatched, and somebody asked what lines were in my flock/what lines I started with, I would tell them, but I would not advertise it. If I was selling a bird that I purchased/hatched from another breeder, I would tell anybody interested that this bird is not from my stock and if they wanted to know who's stock its from i'd let them know.

I can't stand when I see people selling hatching eggs/birds and using the another breeders name to sell chicks/eggs from their birds.

Last edited:
Quote:
see that how i am
what about when they buy hatching eggs from u and the get a not so great baby and name drop? not saying u personaly but for example
or when im showing off my birds on byc should i put the breeder name under each pic

Quote:
see that how i am
what about when they buy hatching eggs from u and the get a not so great baby and name drop? not saying u personaly but for example
or when im showing off my birds on byc should i put the breeder name under each pic

There is no way for a seller to guarantee the quality of the bird when you or who ever buy eggs or chick from them, due to the fact that not all hatchlings from the same parents make the cut as SQ. Its one of the reason why most serama breeders do not sell eggs or chicks. You don't have to put the breeder name when you show off your bird unless someone ask you.

Quote:
see that how i am

There is no way for a seller to guarantee the quality of the bird when you or who ever buy eggs or chick from them, due to the fact that not all hatchlings from the same parents make the cut as SQ. Its one of the reason why most serama breeders do not sell eggs or chicks. You don't have to put the breeder name when you show off your bird unless someone ask you.

thanks

Quote:

thanks

There is no way to guarantee what quality chicks will hatch from the eggs. You may get some great birds and/or some not-so-great birds from hatching eggs. Every breeder out there gets culls. I also don't think its right for others to take credit for a bird, when the bird was not bred by them.

When advertising I generally write "These are not Hatchery Quality chicks" As stated in above post I will tell the buyer what lines my chickens are from, if asked.

Quote:
see that how i am

this...

but when asked, i let them know... most of the time, they don't know what i'm talking about anyways... so the names just confuse them more... LOL... but they ask... i guess they want to know if they are hatchery quality or not...

what bugs me more is when i see them posted on ebay.classifieds and they say that they are from "someone's" lines... but in fact, i know who they got them from and what birds they are selling... i wish i could stand there and tell them that he's lying... but yeah... name dropping is horrible and annoying... the proof is in the birds, and that's all that should matter... if you know names, you should be able to tell a good bird from eachother...

also, you should know that eggs aren't always gonna give you great birds...

Back
Top Bottom