Do you add supplements and or electrolytes?

I use Sav-a-chick electrolyte in the summer and it helps with the heat. I also use oyster shells, yogurt, and hard-boiled egg for calcium.

Danib, if you do consider the probios, you can put them in their feed also. It does not have to be put in the water. My birds love the taste of it so much, I can hand feed it! LOL
Really? I will look into that. I think I would rather them eat it then drink it, anyway. TY

Windy Bay Farm, I don't see that anyone responded directly to you, sorry I have been distracted by storms power outages, etc...  for two week old chicks, if you can get Sav-A-Chick it is a good vitamin that will boost their immune system.  I see you are in Nova Scotia so I am not sure what is available up there....  How are they doing?

Hi tammyfarms,

I have been adding ACV to their water and they all seem to be doing better. Only the occasional sneeze now and again. I am adding new dry bedding every couple of days and keeping things well ventilated. The chicks are all running around and chirping. They seem to be happy chicks. Hopefully that will continue.

Thanks for the info !

Really? I will look into that. I think I would rather them eat it then drink it, anyway. TY
Originally Posted by pollitaroja
I add few drops of edible oxigen peroxide all year long.It keeps the water from growing the green stuff...forgot the name. And they seem healthy
I was wondering where do you purchase this? I don't think I've ever seen it. I'd appreciate the info. if you could tell me where to find it!
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom