Do You Adore Your D'uccles?

Does she hold it like that when she walks? I think I've seen that before...just can't remember what it's called. Can be fixed early on with a boot?
I wouldn't expect a 9 year old to know how to do that. You've given her a great life though and you love her and I just think that is the best!
People think I'm nuts when I talk about my birds as pets.
big_smile.png

I adore my d'Uccle. I have porcelain, projects and a mille boy I adore. This us ZoomZoom. I got him from a BYCer to replace my.porcelain boy Spike who passed away. ZoomZoom is great and throwing beautiful babies.

7630_zz2.jpg

Some of the recent d'Uccle and silkie babies I have hatched.

7630_imag0708.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I think I may have one of those in the coop right now. I have 5 mutt chicks...still trying to figure them out. They are from my hens and roo's....it'll be easier once they feather out...all but one have crests and they all have feathered legs. 3 have beards and muffs! >_< Soooooooooooooooooo cute!
No matter what Roo is, he's my pretty little boy bird. (He likes it when I call him that...I least I think he does, maybe it's just the way I say it to him.
big_smile.png

She sounds like a great friend! Shoulder buddies!!!!!!
I love the pictures of your silkies, they crack me up. ^_^

Quote:
He's stunning!
What an adorable face too, I hope he doesn't find the word "adorable" to be offensive to his manliness. >_< Kinda looks like a little lion....if a lion were a bird.
What cute chicks too! Can't resist the babies....going to the feed store during chick season is something I should not be allowed to do.

Quote:
yup she does. it's actually a lot worse now, there's a big callus on the toe that's on the bottom. if i could have fixed it when she was a chick, then yes, a boot would have worked to straighten out her toes. recently i had another chick (her great great grandson i believe) that had the same issue. i was able to fix it fine by shaping a pipe cleaner to his foot and wrapping gauze around it
smile.png

Quote:
yup she does. it's actually a lot worse now, there's a big callus on the toe that's on the bottom. if i could have fixed it when she was a chick, then yes, a boot would have worked to straighten out her toes. recently i had another chick (her great great grandson i believe) that had the same issue. i was able to fix it fine by shaping a pipe cleaner to his foot and wrapping gauze around it
smile.png

That's awesome!
It kinda stinks that there aren't that many vets (at least not in my area) that will see chickens. But this site has been a great tool for myself and so many others. For the most part, seems like everyone around here is their own in house chicken doctor.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom